Monday, October 8, 2007

Pizza with the Premier

Thursday Oct. 4th and Premier Lorne Calvert's visit to U of R. was an opportunity for me to get my question answered re How many women candidates does the N'D.P. have running in the next Provincial Election? I had never received an answer to my question when I placed a call with our local candidate. Well. Premier Lorne was kept busy with enthusiastic students, so I asked the quiet fellow that was hovering in the background. Derek Froese, Ministerial Assistant to the Premier, listened to my queston, and admitted that he didn't know offhand!!! To give him credit, he made a call on his cell phone, and came back with the answer, "Ten Women Candidates". Finally I have an answer. I am finding it frustrating to get "timely" replies from the numbers given for my local candidates. It would seem that this topic is not of very great importance now that all the candidates have been chosen. I will try and think of another way to come up this info. Meanwhile, perhaps one of the other Party Leaders will offer their time and some lunch from the "always interested" and "always hungry" students. How about "Free Wraps withBrad Wall". Sounds good to me.

No comments: