Monday, October 1, 2007

women in Canadian politics

Good Morning Fellow Poli-Sci Classmates. Well, NO elections have been called, and there have been no door to door politicians calling around. Calls this morning to The Saskatchewan Party Member for my Constituency, Don McMorris, tell me that they have five sitting members who are women, and eight others who are running in the next election. Vonni, at Don's office, is getting back to me about the Sask. Party policy on Electoral Reform. Vonni said there are discussions about more women running for office. The biggest drawback for women and men candidates is not just the time it takes to run for office, but the four year time committment needed if the person running for office was elected. I am waiting for a call from Corinne Pauliuk, the N.D.P. candidate for my constituency. Don has a toll free number, 1-877-337-3366 and an e-mail address; Corinne has an e-mail address. No links this time around. Jean Kurbis

No comments: